Like anything you see?
Contact Michelle at Michelle.Gullett@owh.com or call 402-444-1014 or 800-284-6397 to purchase prints.
Browse and purchase Omaha World-Herald photos, archived articles, books and more in our online marketplace, owhstore.com.
More on Viewfinder
- Week in Pictures: Daily life and snow in Omaha
- Week in Pictures: Hawkeyes hit back, Thanksgiving and state football
- Week in Pictures: The holidays — and snow — arrive in Nebraska
- Week in Pictures: Johnny Rodgers pardoned, Huskers fall to Michigan State
- Week in Pictures: Vinyl record collectors, a Husker win
- Week in Pictures: Air Jordan, Halloween celebrations
- Week in Pictures: The beat — and football — marches on
- Week in Pictures: Run or Dye, Day of Caring
- Week in Pictures: Huskers leap past Purdue, a dog joins Stothert in the Mayor’s Office
- Week in Pictures: A tornado hits Wayne, Neb., temps drop in the Midlands
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- January 2011
More Omaha.com blogs
Photographer Strohmeyer to visit
The Omaha World-Herald photo staff’s friend Damian Strohmeyer will be speaking on behalf of the Canon Explorers of Light speaker series on Tuesday, March 5, 2013, in Lincoln. The University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Journalism and Mass Communication is sponsoring the event, which is free and open to the public.
Strohmeyer grew up in Axtell, Kan., a small town on the plains, and graduated from Washburn University in Topeka. Strohmeyer was a staff photographer at Topeka (Kansas) Capital Journal and The Denver Post newspapers. He has been affiliated with Sports Illustrated magazine for 20 years, the past 11 as a staff photographer.
Among the major sporting events he has covered are the World Series, the NCAA Men’s and Women’s Basketball Final Four, the NBA Finals, the soccer World Cup, the Stanley Cup, the Indianapolis 500, several Olympic Games and 23 Super Bowls. His work has been featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated more than 50 times.
His presentation, which is free, can be seen in Lecture Room 15, College of Journalism and Mass Communications, Andersen Hall, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 200 Centennial Mall North, starting at 6:30 p.m.