1986 photo looking west toward the bridge. The bridge was constructed in 1952, and was paid for with tolls. Spencer Kimball, president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints paid the last toll on April 21, 1979. The tollbooth, officially called The Florence Ferry Tollhouse Collection Building, was moved to 3010 Willit and is currently a barber shop called “Dick’s Place.” ED RATH/THE WORLD-HERALD
The Mormon Bridge when it was just one bridge. Camera is looking west toward the bridge.
May 14, 1986
ED RATH/THE WORLD-HERALD